Friday, June 5, 2009

The Refuse Pile

















I am tired of being stolen from . I know, I know, this is Memphis, but every table I leave out in front of the store is getting stolen, even the one I wrote 'The English Major Bookstore' all over. It occurred to me last night how crazy it was to think that writing the name of the store on the table might somehow be a preventative measure for thievery. I bet there are thieves in the world who, besides taking stuff that doesn't belong to them, also know how to operate a paint brush or spray paint can and could paint over the name of my store on their new table. Whatever. Easy come, easy go (found both table in the refuse pile anyway. (trash).
Anyone with a small table for sale, feel free to get in touch with me, please. I will chain my next table to my door. Bad karma, Mr. or Ms. Thief. Bad karma.

No comments: