Thursday, March 4, 2010

Loved 'The Invention of Lying'

Watched this movie last night called The Invention of Lying and just had to reccomend it. It's about a world where no one lies, where you believe everything everyone tells you because you know they are telling you the truth. Then, smeone invents lying. It's great! I love movies like this, not really sci-fi, but fantasy like. It was fantastic, in both senses of the word.
I had last night off and was shelving books till about 10 p.m. I went through about ten boxes, one of which was from the back of the store, which, if you know anything about the bookstore, you know the back is chock full of boxes of books. The other nine or so boxes were books that were brought in in trade over the past few months, so there is a lot of new stuff on the shelves, in all cataogories, stuff that I am, quite frankly, pretty excited about. Not that I am not excited about what's already up there, but the new stuff is pretty cool. Quite the description, huh? But it's accurate, so what can I say? Come check it out and if you're going to Reba and George tonight, have fun and take a carriage ride!!

2 comments:

ddmorley said...

Hey Karin,
Got up to feed the baby and started reading your blogs. Great material - reminds me of when I used to read as much as you are. I love getting lost in a book or thinking about the story when not reading it.

Love,

Dan

Unknown said...

Funny you say I read a lot- I always relate owning a used bookstore to the Twilight Zone episode where the guy is the last person on the Earth, all alone, and he stumbles upon a library. He thinks- my God- this is Heaven. His glasses then slip off his face and he crushes them. That is what owning a used bookstore is like!! I try to read when I can; but I leave a book quickly if I find something better- I'm very fickle. I may go back to the one I was reading, I may not. I figure,life is short- why finish something lame just to finish it? I have to say, though that Oh My God, SOmeone In My Family Reads My Blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)