Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Works: Photographs by Pam Gamble

Come See
New Works: Photographs by Pam Gamble

Apparently, I have become too Facebooky as I publicized the first ever Art Opening at The Bookstore last Friday on Facebook, but not on my blog. The opening was great - Pam is a friend whose new work is a departure from what she calls her "usual tidy" photography. Her artist statement alone was wonderful, but her photographs were stunning. I was really impressed with her work and based on people's comments , I wasn't the only one. Do yourself a favor and come check it out ( the show will hang until May 5, 2009)!

Oh, and the store got a serious, hardcore cleaning, too, which is nice. It gets a little cluttered around here sometimes, but not anymore. A place for everything and everything in it's place (yeah, right!) It feel fittingly new Springlike around here, though and in that spirit, I am going to try to blog more often. As I have mentioned before, this is my first blog and though I consider myself a bit of a writer, I am not used to this format and suppose I will only become used to it through practice.

I love the Bookstore, though, and hope you will come and enjoy it with me!
Open Six Days a Week at Noon, Closed on Mondays.

********************************************************
"Meditation technique:
Sit and smile."


-From Eat Pray Love
by Elizabeth Gilbert
(which I just finished today and thoroughly enjoyed!)

No comments: