Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Peter Pan, Where, Oh Where, Have You Gone?


Someone told me where the Peter Pan Pantry moved, but I don't really care. I have also heard that Joe's is expanding. Good for them, however, again, I don't really care. I want my Peter Pan Pantry back- for the love of the gods, I have been going there since 1921, it seems like. They have been in that spot for at least, what, 20 years? And then, without any notice, that's it, it's all over, see ya. Well, thanks, Peter Pan, thanks for such a great big jolt of adulthood. Really, everything's been so cozy and warm in the world lately, we all needed more economic reality to interfere with the general going's on of little ole Midtown Memphis. Me? I'm still in Midtown, but you, Mr. Pan are not. Farewell.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am very sorry for your loss. While I never went there personally, I can appreciate it for I felt the same way when sno cream castle left. So much so that I wrote a short story about it. sigh.