Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"I am."


"I am."

That is a new meditation technique I have found very centering. Instead of listening to your thoughts about what you are, you stay in the present moment and you just are, telling yourself, "I am." Love it.
Still accepting applications for part-time day and evening work. Please come by and talk to me if you are interested or tell whoever you think might be interested to stop by or call.
Book wise, I just got in five fairly recent (one is @ 2009) political science books, two of which are by Bob Woodward. I also have some really interesting opera books I plan on shelving tomorrow and if anyone is interested, all of the Sweet Valley High books I have are going to Salvation Army on Thursday, so if you are interested, come scoop them up. Actually, as a reward for whoever it is that reads my blog, I am sending about 6 or 7 boxes of books to Salvation Army, so if you get here before they do, which is sometime on Thursday, you can take your pick. I also have some clothes donated to me that I will be sending along as well.

Finished Cape Random by Bernice Morgan and can't wait to get her sequel. My Mom is reading The Book Thief and like everyone, says it is awesome. I am reading Irving Stone's Lust For Life, about Vincent Van Gogh. I seem to love stories about male artists. Not sure why. I am also almost done with Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. And, truth be told, I am in the middle of 64 other books as well. I read Edward Albee's The Zoo today, which I have read before, but still found disturbing, and am in the middle of another play from a book called Famous American Plays of the 1950's. Can't find the book right now or I would tell you the name of the play. That is that. Too cold for carriage driving, warm enough for reading and writing, meditating and Netflix. C'est la vie.

No comments: