Monday, February 15, 2010

I survived The Valentine's Day Blizzard 2010

I Survived
The Valentine's Day Blizzard
2010
I did survive The Valentine's Day Blizzard, if anyone cares. I'm getting t-shirts made up. I don't care if the snow only lasted for two hours and may not have technically been a blizzard, it felt like one and I made it through alive. Last night was the worst carriage driving weather I've ever been in, in five years. It was so bad, it was funny. The streets downtown that dead end into the river are absolutely brutal on cold days, but last night, with snowflakes the size of my palm and 20 mph winds, I couldn't help laughing. It was unreal! But I survived with no lasting injuries, just bone tired and worn out. Writing this blog entry and reading are the only two things I am doing today that are book related. Or horse related, for that matter. Oh, and this entry has nothing to do with books other than the fact that I am reading several of them. Started Where Angels Fear To Tread by E.M. Forester even though I am am the end of Cape Random by Bernice Morgan, which has taken an interesting turn in the last quarter of the book. I suppose I will have to muster the energy to turn pages, but that is all the work I am doing today. And dehydrating Eggplant Bacon. I know, eggplant what?? I am very excited about it and since it's my day off, I don't have to explain anything to anyone. Feisty, huh? Did I mention it was my day off?

No comments: