Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Volumes It Did Speak!!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/oct/18/it-speaks-volumes

So, my last post was Friday, October 17, the day before this wonderful article about the store was in the Commercial Appeal. Mr James Dowd, the reporter who wrote the piece, did such a great job in writing the piece that people came in droves, absolute droves. People kept buying things I have been wondering why I still had, books I knew people would like, which were priced right and were really good books, but which had sat on my shelves for so long. A lot of people know about the store now, which is really amazing. Drake and Zeke, of 98.1 The Max, whom most people are well aware are voracious readers, a fact of which I was totally unaware but am glad to know, have invited me on their show, so more and more readers are finding out about The English Major. It is brilliant, not to say that I am, but the experience of so many people doing business here is awesome. A little mind blowing, but awesome.

I have just gotten back from two days at The Documentary Film Festival in Hot Springs, AR which was also stunning, but it means I have little time for my blogue. More later!

3 comments:

dave said...

i saw the article in the ca at work...totally awesome, the store looks amazing (why didn't we think to shoot from the stairs?), i am super happy that business is taking off, i always knew it would. congrats karin, i'll stop in and say hi soon, assuming i can fight my way in through the crowds!

ashley la rouge said...

Congratulations, Karin! Hey, if you would like any assistance organizing a reading or writing group, let me know. I'm definitely into both.

Unknown said...

Thanks ya'll!!